We are one week out from the 7th Annual US DOHaD Meeting occurring on September 17-19 in Kansas City, Missouri! Please review the important meeting information below. If you have any questions or need more specific information before the meeting, please do not hesitate to reach out to USDOHaD@gmail.com.
Program: Our final program is available here and will be available in print at the meeting. Please note that important information regarding shuttle services, meeting locations, maps, and meals are included throughout the program.
Important Event Details:
- Check-in & Registration will be open starting at 8:00 am on Sunday, September 17th and will remain open throughout the conference. Upon arrival, please visit the registration table in the Big Slick Auditorium lobby (near main CMRI entrance) to obtain your conference name badge and program. Please wear your name badge at all times while at the meeting.
- Complimentary shuttles will run from KU Medical Center and the Sheraton Hotel (please see details in the program). Parking is limited on-site so we highly encourage shuttle transport.
- Trainees who registered for the Trainee Day will report at 9:00 am on Sunday (9/17) in Classroom 1 on Floor 1 of the CMRI. An individual will be present at the CMRI main entrance to badge all trainees up to the classroom. Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
- All meeting attendees are highly encouraged to attend the Poster Session Competition and Exhibition on Sunday (9/17). The opening remarks will begin at 5:00 pm in the CMRI Big Slick Auditorium followed by the poster exhibition and dinner (heavy hors d’oeuvres and drinks) on the Garden Terrace from 6:00-8:00 pm.
- The Main Conference programming will begin at 8:00 am on both Monday (9/18) and Tuesday (9/19). Grab-and-go breakfast will be available starting at 7:30 am each day in the Big Slick Auditorium Lobby. Lunch and snacks will also be provided throughout the meeting-see details in the meeting program.
- The Reception Dinner and Award Ceremony will begin at 6:00 pm on Monday (9/18) at Amigoni Urban Winery. Shuttle service will be available and run continuously with pick-up and drop-offs at the CMRI and the Sheraton hotel. Dinner and drinks will be provided at the reception.
Conference Location and Parking:
- Trainee Day and Main Conference: Children’s Mercy Research Institute
- 23rd Street/Randall O’Donnell Way & Locust / Use Google Maps: 585 E. 23rd St, Kansas City, MO 64108 in the CMRI Big Slick Auditorium and The Garden Lobby.
- Reception Dinner and Award Ceremony: Amigoni Urban Winery
- 1505 Genessee Suite 100, Kansas City, MO, 64102
- Parking: Detailed parking instructions can be found on page 9 of the program.
Travel and Lodging:
- Hotel info: Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center
- Transportation from the airport: Rideshare services (e.g., Uber and Lyft) or taxis are readily available for traveling from the airport to the hotel and/or conference.
- Shuttle information:
- From the Sheraton: Guests staying at the Sheraton can walk (6 min/0.25 mi) or take the CMRI shuttle to the conference site (*the only exception is the shuttle will not be available prior to the trainee day on Sunday morning). The shuttle time offerings as well as walking directions are provided in the program.
- From the University of Kansas Medical Center: Complimentary shuttle service will be provided from KUMC Campus to the CMRI. The shuttle time offerings are listed in the program. The pickup location at KUMC is outside the HEB building (2146 West 39th Avenue, Kansas City, KS 66103).
We are looking forward to an exciting meeting and cannot wait to see you all in Kansas City!